Share your stories of Holloway Prison with us; they can be as long or as short as you like. Nothing is too insignificant, nothing will be considered "not good enough" - every experience is valid. We hope you'll want to share your story. We will protect your anonymity and that of those in your story unless you tell us it's ok to use your name and those featured in the story.
Every post contains a copyright notice which requests permission before the post is used or republished elsewhere. If we are approached by anyone requesting to use your story, we will contact you.
If you'd like to contribute to the Commentary section, please include your name and email address so that we can contact you.
Moderation and Guidelines
What type of contributions do we invite?
- Personal views and thoughts.
- Comments intended to stimulate conversation or discussion.
- Contextualised links to relevant content.
What type of contributions will be ignored?
- Irrelevant and uncontextualised promotional messages.
- Inappropriate comments about individuals.
- Hate-speech targeted at people and communities on the basis of race, gender, sexuality, disability and other identity traits.
- Identical or similar stories contributed more than once.
Note: Holloway Prison Stories retains the right to distinguish between constructive commentary and offensive or harmful content.
As Holloway Prison Stories receives contributions which we review and copy-edit to ensure submitted stories are presented in keeping without our aims and principles, we require that parties interested in reprinting or using any content from Holloway Prison Stories first receive permission (please email info[at]hollowayprisonstories.com). We will seek permission from the storyteller before allowing it to be used. When a submission to Holloway Prison Stories is reprinted or used anywhere, including on a personal blog, it must include the notation, "Copyright, www.hollowayprisonstories.com. Reprinted with permission." with a hyperlink back to the original story on this website.